It's All Good

Saturday, May 14, 2005

White Guilt

So I’ve been thinking about the infamous Cosby comments lately. Frankly, I don’t know what the big deal is. I mean my liberal White friends have come up to me and said the same thing verbatim, “Aren’t you outraged at what Cosby said?” To which I say, "No." Here is where the secret comes in. What Cosby said is pretty much what every middle classed Black person has ever said behind closed doors for a long time.

So, should we as Black people embrace ignorance? I don’t think so. Should we embrace not getting ahead? No fucking way. So what the fuck is going on? Why are all these White people so appalled on behalf of my people?

I guess that’s where the whole “White guilt” comes in. I mean, basically, these are the same people who are totally against Charter Schools and Vouchers, but send there kids to 15 thousand dollar a year private schools. What the fuck is up with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home