The Social Dilemma
When I started my own personal blog, I thought that I would be writing something every day. I got hooked. One post would breed another, or one small idea would breed one big post. It was one of my new found passions. But sometimes when you have a lot of passions, not all of them get the attention that they deserve. In fact, if you are lucky, all of them will get the bear minimum of attention needed to survive, but more likely, some will just fall by the wayside.
Now that I actually have a social life, it is hard to keep up with everything. I actually have more to blog about, but just not the time. Then when I have the time, I usually just do an all out brain dump, to try and make up for my past indiscretions. It’s a shame that I don’t make more time on a regular basis, because it is cathartic, and it is something that I love to do.
I think that the same goes for personal relationships. When you are social and are fostering many personal relationships, along with having many hobbies and interests, life becomes a huge juggling act. You have to stay engaged with your friends while still being true to yourself and being true to the commitments that you have made. You have to make sure that you stay in touch with everyone and make time for them on an ongoing basis. It’s proving to be pretty tough, because it is great to have so many people who you like, but when that happens, each relationship probably does not get the attention that it deserves.
This is definitely a challenge that I like though. If your worst problem is that you have too much fun stuff to do or too many friends, then I think that you are better off than most. It sure does beet vegging in front of the TV, eating junk food, and never getting out of the house.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home