The New Programmer High
I found something that is almost as good as the programmer high. I guess I’ll call it the “I just pulled off a kick ass Salsa move” high. Tonight we were continuing what we learned last week. It was the basic step, the side step, and turning. For most of the class, the guys turned the girls. Then, in the last ten minutes of class, the teacher asked us to turn her, then turn ourselves, then turn her. This is kind of funky, because you always have to turn on the correct step, and you signal a turn in the middle of a step. So doing one after the other is kind of tricky.
So we did a basic step, a side step, half a basic, turn the lady, turn, turn the lady, and finish the basic step. I did it right the first time, and I high fived the women I was dancing with and did that little programmer dance that I do when I fix a hard bug or write some hardcore kick ass code. I can’t wait until next week!

4 Comments:
Good stuff man!!! When do you find/make time to learn dance. Great skill if you have it. Something not enough ppl *i.e. ME* neglect to learn or even try. just seems too embarassing for me. But u only get better at something when you practise.. right!?
Maybe you will get good enought o give pointers..:)
I'll lead though!
Peace
I guess you just have to make time. And I was caught up in the whole embarrassment thing, and I still am to a sorts, but I think that it is a waste of time to worry about that. Once you get rid of that, you will be relaxed, and you will actually be able to dance and even get compliments. Saying that you can't dance is what they call a self fulfilling prophecy. I would just prefer to say that I don't know and don't give a shit. I'm going to have fun.
You know, Chuck, what you said in comment is precisely what I said about 10 years ago -- and I've never looked back. For all I know, I may look like an ass while I'm dancing, but I just don't much care. It's fun.
BTW, if that's you trying to IM me right now, I promise I'm not ignoring you... AIM from work is weird and sometimes sends me blank messages from people that I can't reply to. It means that someone's messaging me, but I can't tell from whom or what it says. It's really annoying. I figure it must be you or one other person, because only two of my friends are active right now. Plus, it's not letting me send any messages to you (but it lets me to others). Go figure. *shrug*
-Babs
Yeah, it was me. IM is kind of funky that way. I'm not sure if it has to do with people's firewalls and/or proxies and differing ports used for messages and such. I don't know what ports they use. I could try and sniff it, but I am lazy.
Post a Comment
<< Home