It's All Good

Friday, May 06, 2005

I'm So Fucking Money

So lately, my sleeping pattern has been totally fucked. On a few of the last nights, when I am awake when most people are just getting up, I happened to ketch reruns of My So-Called Life. That was like the show back in the day. I don’t think that any show or movie has captured the teenage angst experience as true as it did.

I remember rooting for Bryan Krakow. I mean, I pretty much was him in High School. I was the nice guy who had absolutely no balls and would let angelic looking, but not acting, women walk all over them. I mean this guy would do anything for Angela, and she pretty much shit on him most of the time. Those cutesy good girl chicks will break your heart every damned time. Believe you me.

I remember at the end of the series, there was pretty much this whole Cyrano De Bergerac theme. Bryan was writing letters to Angela, but on the behalf of Jordan Catalano. In the last episode, Angela finds out that it was Bryan who actually wrote the letters. Of course, Bryan could have totally kissed Angela, but he pussyed out. That pisses me off to this day.

I love things where the nice guy gets the hot girl in the end. That’s why I think I liked Swingers so much. I mean I identify with the main character a lot. He is this guy who totally lacked confidence, but once he found it, watch the fuck out, cause he’s coming for you. I’m just so glad that now I’m in that watch the fuck out part of my life, because the being timid thing is for the fucking birds.

I loved the bunny scene. It’s a scene where the guys are trying to give Mike confidence to go up and ask a girl for her number.


Trent: You know what you are? You're like a big bear with claws and with fangs...
Sue: ...big fucking teeth, man.
Trent: Yeah... big fuckin' teeth on ya'. And she's just like this little bunny, who's just kinda cowering in the corner.
Sue: Shivering.
Trent: Yeah, man just kinda... you know, you got these claws and you're staring at these claws and your thinking to yourself, and with these claws you're thinking, "How am I supposed to kill this bunny, how am I supposed to kill this bunny?"
Sue: And you're poking at it, you're poking at it...
Trent: Yeah, you're not hurting it. You're just kinda gently batting the bunny around, you know what I mean? And the bunny's scared Mike, the bunny's scared of you, shivering.
Sue: And you got these fucking claws and these fangs...
Trent: And you got these fucking claws and these fangs, man! And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs. And you're thinking to yourself, you don't know what to do, man. "I don't know how to kill the bunny." With *this* you don't know how to kill the bunny, do you know what I mean?
Sue: You're like a big bear, man.
Mike: So you're not just like fucking with me?
Trent: No I'm not fucking with you.
Sue: Honestly, man.


All I know is that before, I didn’t know it, but now I do. What I know is that I am so fucking money, and that’s a great place to be.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Charles said...

It is a referance to a phrase that they use in the movie Swingers. When you say that someone is money, then it is pretty much like saying that they are cool or saying that they are an awsome person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home