It's All Good

Thursday, February 17, 2005

What do I really hate?

I posted this over at Daily Kos a while ago, and I will post it here with some additions.

I hate running really hard for the bus or train to only see it pull away in front of my face. In fact, I hate the public transit schedule. I could talk about Dykstra's algorithm and the fact that getting from one place to the other with multiple stops is a pain, at least here in Philly. But I'm not. I really hate the divine providence that says that when I am on time or a little bit late, the train leaves early, and when I am a little bit early, the train leaves late.

I hate this new phenomenon of automatic toilets and sinks. With these sinks, you would figure that these geniuses could give us lukewarm water, but of course, that would be too easy and useful. They only have two temperatures, which are burning hot and ice cold. And the toilets, well, I'll let you guys figure that one out yourselves.

I hate Starbucks coffee. Yup, I said it. In fact, I hate the fact that there is almost no convenient coffee shop that makes a cup of coffee like the one I have at home. Ironically, one of the only places that did was a coffee cart at Temple University. Go figure.

Oh, and along the lines of coffee, I hate coffee shops that make you get waiter service for all the good seats, as if I can't walk 10 fucking feet and get my own God damned cup of coffee.

As a self-proclaimed artsy fartsy intellectual, I hate these bullshit pseudo intellectuals. You know, like the guy in the scene from Annie Hall, where Woody is waiting in line only to hear this professor in the background spew out a bunch of garbage, only to have the guy who he is talking about appear and correct him. What I hate more is that there are beautiful women who fall for this nonsense. I know, I'm kind of hating there, but jeez ladies, you are better than that!

I hate being around un-accepting people. This goes for "liberals" too. We have our own un-accepting people.

I love being around religious people of all faiths and denominations, but I hate being around religious people who are fake, un-accepting, insincere, or all about themselves and not God. They talk about doing God's work, but what they really are doing is lining their pockets. If you are a preacher, and you drive a brand new Mercedes, then I would say that you are your own God.

I hate lazy programmers. You ever been to a website that asks you for your SSN or credit card number, and they have that little thing at the bottom that says “no spaces or dashes” or “enter in this form XXX-XX-XXXX”? Well, it’s hard enough that these things aren’t uniform, but it takes about 5 minutes to fix this problem. In fact, it would take less time to fix this problem then it does to write that stupid comment. As a programmer, stuff like this just really gets to me. Ah, we all have our mysterious buttons.

I hate that at the end of an Orchestra performance, people walk out before they finish giving their dues to the artists. This is a partnership people, a beautiful connection. For those few hours, these people give you their heart and soul, and all you have to do is sit their and listen, and at the end, clap for a while. It’s kind of like making love to someone and then cutting the cuddling short because you needed to rush home and watch a re-run of Seinfeld. Yeah, maybe I can sympathize, but what’s right is right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home